Sunday, June 5, 2011

how 'bout that storm

Last night we got home from a get together just before the rain started. I have to learn when the clouds actually mean it's going to rain or just hang over us and tease. All day yesterday big fat rain clouds hung around, but never produced more than a light sprinkle.

Anyway, it was a little late so we told the kids we'd give them a quick shower and put them to bed, but right as I started spraying Finn down the power went out...Screaming in a bathroom, not so easy on the ears. Good thing I put a lantern in their room and knew exactly where it was. Right after I turned it on, the power came back, but I said "Forget the shower, just get in bed." The kids fell asleep pretty quickly, but at around 3 a.m. the storm seemed to pick up its intensity and got really loud, even the rain was really loud.

Maggie woke up first scared of ants and mosquitoes in her bed :/ I got the lantern out and showed her that there was nothing in her bed, but for about 45 min she kept getting out and coming back in my room.

At 3:45 Finn woke up and came in my room, after Maggie conned her way into my bed, to tell me he was scared to be in his room alone. I was not about to give up my bed for them, so I shuttled them both off to their beds, where they both fell back asleep.

Mike managed to sleep through all the waking, but at around 4 a.m. we suddenly heard a noise on the roof that at first sounded like rain drops hitting the inside pretty hard. After hearing about someone elses roof caving in during a rain storm we both jumped awake. Mike even went through the house looking for leaks. Our stairs window seems to be really fixed this time, no waterfall on the stairs last night, but after a while we realized it sounded like an animal stuck in our roof. An animal walking on nails, kind of curious to figure out what it was, or is.

Tess managed to sleep through it all until about 4:30 when she decided she was ready to eat...so I'm sure you can guess that this momma is sleepy.

2 comments:

  1. Lots of excitement! Did you ever figure out the Big Bang?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, never found out. I'm not sure there is a way into our "attic" space so we just left it, maybe that's the awful smell outside we've noticed...

    ReplyDelete