Tuesday, May 17, 2011

We aren't in D.C. anymore

Ah Saturday morning started off as a normal Saturday. Drinking coffee, watching TV, and checking Facebook. We were supposed to spend it hanging out with friends at the playground and pool while Mike help build a playground (too bad you can't hear my giggles). But Saturday decided to be a rainy day, so I thought it'd be a great day to attempt our first border crossing as a family. Note I say as a family because my first attempt failed. We only had to do it and be back by 4 p.m. because Mike and I had a ball to attend later that night.



So we grab the kids a few cloth inserts for diapers and jump in the car; how hard could it be. HA! So in all it took 2-hours to cross the Friendship Bridge from Laos to Thailand. Mike and I were running back and forth in the rain from 1 window to another trying to figure out what the heck we were supposed to be doing, as soon as we were finished with the border we got to Udon Thani in no time; awesome. And even found the one store we were looking for; even more awesome. That was about as awesome as it was though.



We found the store got most of what we were looking for only to find out that it was CASH only? WTF? A little heads up would have been nice. They ended up taking our credit for the electronics, but nothing else so Mike had to look for an ATM to get some Baht out. No probs, in the mean time the kids have vandalized the store, all the while screaming how hungry they were...heck I was too!



Ah thankfully there's a McDonalds down the road. Really a McDonalds! But for those of you who know Mike know there would be NO McDonalds indulgence. Oh how I wanted that cheeseburger...



Anyway, we found food and headed home, did I mention we had a very specific time limit because Mike and I had a ball to go to., but we kept getting turned around and Maggie kept complaining of a tummy ache. She's fine I kept telling Mike, she just wants to get out of her seat, but right as I finish that sentence she threw up all over herself. ACK! I undress her and hold her on my lap to calm her. As we were finally figuring out where we were and how to get to the main road I feel a rumble in Maggie's tummy, and reach for the door. Too late, she yakked all over me! I look over to Mike and scream at him to get us out of there!!



Lesson learned: A. Remember notes to self on things to carry in the car. B. We are not in D.C. anymore, 10-minutes of planning might go along way.



In the end we made it home with enough time for me to wash the puke off and put a dress on.




In the end I think we looked pretty good :)

2 comments:

  1. You both look gorgeous. I'd never guess you were just inside a puke-filled tin can on wheels. Hope you had a nice time at the ball!

    ReplyDelete