Friday, May 27, 2011

in case you don't know me

I complain, A LOT! Really I am pretty sure it was pointed out to my husband one night years ago and yet he's still here.

Not only do I complain a lot, I also tend to stick my foot in my mouth quite often so don't take offense, I have a condition called never thinks before speaking.

While I've had a very hard time adjusting to life in a new country, my blogs may make it seem like I blame other people...no, I'm really not. I am aware that I didn't prepare myself enough for such a move and expected way more than is apparently normal. Living at Oakwood for over a year was like living in a bubble. It was easy to make friends, there were things going on all the time and shopping close by, insanely I thought all posts would be similar to living at Oakwood, crazy I know.

I've realized that everyday will be a learning experience and I'm trying very hard to take things in stride, but it's much easier said than done... Sometimes I just need a good vent.









 

1 comment:

  1. Vent, baby, vent!!! How could we ever fully prepare ourselves for ANY of these kinds of moves?! I imagine some posts are like the Oakwood (oh, please let it be like that in Cairo!) and well, others just aren't. I can't imagine your post is very large and probably everyone doesn't live in the same area. It's ok to be upset!! Eventually, things will fall together, but it will take time.

    ReplyDelete