Thursday, May 5, 2011

If at first you don't succeed...

Try, try again? or just say screw it and grab a beer :)

Since I've gotten to Laos, I've found that no matter what I'm doing, it doesn't work the first time.

The first time I left the hotel by myself, I quit and went back because it was so hot. FAIL

The first time I attempted to do a group outing I was forgotten about. FAIL

The first time I left the house with a mission I got horribly lost, not to mention stuck. FAIL

The first time I tried to gain freedom by buying a bike, it broke. FAIL

The first time I tried to cross the friendship bridge into Thailand I didn't have the right papers. FAIL

It took me about 2 months to figure out how to get around with the kids using different transportation methods and when each would work best. People gave us rides; Tuk Tuks, Taxis, the stroller, a wagon and most of all our own two feet.

So after many, many times trying to do something and failing the first time, I've learned not to give up because eventually something will work....or I can just go to the neighbors for an ice cold Beer Lao and forget about it :)

3 comments:

  1. Glad you haven't stopped trying! You are so brave!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like I said...moving to Asia hero. Im not sure Id have a keep gettin out there kind of attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  3. More beer! And try again. Any luck with that crib?

    ReplyDelete