Thursday, May 26, 2011

Updated 7 ways I know it's growing on me

As usual, I wrote this blog in a sloppy and fast way, leaving me feeling unsatisfied and thinking more about things I'm getting used to. So in the middle of the night as I'm cleaning up leaky boob mess, I added a few things. I also realize some of these may need an explanation.

Here is my list of ways I know Laos is growing on me; I'll probably still feel like I left something out:

1. My new scent is a mix of DEET, citronella and baby powder
2. Going over 30mph makes me feel like I'm speeding
3. I prefer to draw a map vs give directions
4. *It no longer makes me feel awkward when women grab their breasts while they speak to me.
5. I now prefer ice in my beer
6. Car seats have become a use 'em if you got 'em thing of the past.
7. lastly I don't jump when I see a spider the size of a turtle running around on my wall.

* This is because I usually have a chubby baby attached to me and even if they can speak English, women grab their breasts to ask how I feed the baby. Sometimes I want to tell my housekeeper that she doesn't have to squeeze her boob when she tells me she thinks my baby is hungry, but oh well.

3 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I have been reading your blog for a while and thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Daniela and my husband and I plus our two kids are slated to go New Delhi next year. I learned about your blog from Carrie and Jason Show, who are our friends.

    I am glad to hear you are starting to feel more comfortable in Laos. I hope that happens to me fairly soon after we get to New Delhi. I enjoy reading your blog. Thanks for sharing your experiences and keep up the good work.

    Dumb question: Why do women grab their breasts while they speak to you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Daniela, I'm glad you introduced yourself! I hope New dehli is a smooth transition.

    ReplyDelete