Saturday, April 30, 2011

Bangkok Fail

Who forgot the stroller for the big trip to the city?! Yup, me. The plan would have been to put the baby in the stroller because she now weighs in at 15 lbs, but after 1 day in the heat and trying to walk around I so would have put the screaming 2-year-old in it! The second we'd walk out of the hotel Maggie would scream her head off and whine to the point of incomprehension. It was not so fun, so with 4 days in the city of Bangkok I managed to see not one tourist site. I did however get lost several times and endure Maggie's whines with stares from plenty of people which lead me to continue my long list of things I'm not cut out for; newest addition: tourist alone with 3 kids.

We did get to visit the Bangkok Zoo, the aquarium, a play place for kids and ride on a river taxi...Most done with out Mike, but we did the taxi with him.

I did get home feeling happy to be home, which is something I was hoping going to "The States" would do for me...who knew a stressful trip to Bangkok would do it. Again, not the travel the tourist time.

2 comments:

  1. Doh! No cheapie umbrella stroller to be found anywhere? UGG!! Welcome back 'home' and glad you got your ride back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're "home"! We felt that way yesterday when we got home from mainland China too! Its so nice for your new home to feel like your real home!

    ReplyDelete