Monday, June 21, 2010

A life lost

I had planned to spend most of Father's day telling my husband just how thankful I am to have him as the father of my children. They truly are lucky, but as we awoke in the morning we got the news that a friend and past co-worker was killed in an explosion in Afghanistan on Friday. The rest of the day we attempted to go on with our plans, but it was really spent in a daze.

Most people through out the country have been touched by one of the wars we are currently fighting. Serving in the military we met so many men and women who touched our lives and inspired us to be more than we were. Staff Sgt. James Hunter was not an exception. He pushed me to write better, take better photos, and push myself hard during physical training. On the long after hours road marches I was forced to do to better myself, he would empty my rucksack and burden my load. He worked hard and laughed even harder. It was a true honor to have served with him.

Staff Sgt. James P. Hunter January 22, 1985 - June 18, 2010
Never Forgotten, Always Remembered

No comments:

Post a Comment