Wednesday, May 5, 2010

in response

So after yesterdays blog post I've gotten quite a few questions about the pregnancy. I won't be having the baby in Laos. For those of you who don't know, I have to have a c-section. Both Finn and Maggie were c-section babies and we'll find out soon if this pregnancy could possibly be high risk because of previous c-sections. So, although it'd be a lot of fun to tell a full drama story of going into labor in the middle of a Lao market and having a vendor deliver, that isn't an option. If we do in fact get to Laos before I am 36 weeks pregnant, which I would have to leave the states before I'm 28 weeks, I would be sent to Singapore to have the baby. Or I could leave around 34 weeks to a place of my choosing to have the baby. At this point, my favorite option is staying right where I am. In the end it'll all work out somehow and I just have to keep telling myself this. Although this pregnancy has turned into a logistical nightmare, we couldn't be more thrilled about it.

Finn has asked for another sister, he likes being the only boy and Maggie doesn't know the difference, but I'm sure in the next couple of months she'll realize something is up.

No comments:

Post a Comment