Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Maggie's First day of Preschool

She really loved her uniform...the school was out of skirts, so she wore her own. I think the pink totally goes with her shirt :)
Maggie started school today and being the big girl that she is, she was totally ready. I can't say the same for me. Maybe it's because Finn was being taken care of by other people ever since he was born, so seeing him off to school never never made me think twice, but dropping Maggie off today made me weep. Pathetic, I know, but I'm so used to having her around and I really love to listen to her playing her own games in her playroom, without big brother around to boss her into his games. She can be a total terror, but when she's good, she's really good.

She got up this morning, sweet as can be, ate her breakfast and did everything that I asked her to do. She packed her snack and her backpack and kept asking if it was time to go yet. Such a big girl. The thing she was most proud of was her uniform. She excitedly told me that her uniform has buttons and she LOVES it! So sweet. I'm going to miss her face for 3 days a week, but she's totally ready and HAPPY!

The only thing we could get her to tell us about her first day was that she danced like a princess in the art room and learned about painting :) That's my girl!

1 comment:

  1. All grown up. And so independent. You should be super proud!

    ReplyDelete