Monday, September 27, 2010

a nice perk

So about a month ago a friend of mine posted something pretty similar to her blog, so I am kind of copying, but after last night I couldn't resist any longer.

I've decided being stuck in training status at the Oakwood has a very nice perk, not just free food, but also CLOTHES and TOYS. People go to pack out and leave some toys behind to play with but decide not to keep them and hand them off. We have been the recipients of about a dozen loads now that we've been here 9 months. Not just from friends either, I've actually been stopped walking back from the playground, asked which building I lived in and given random stuff.

Although we are not packing out, we will be moving and I have tons of boys clothes that I just can't use on Maggie because she has more than enough clothes. Since I've been so blessed in receiving 2 huge bags/boxes of winter clothes for Finn, and a huge duffel bag for Maggie I felt it was time to let go of his stuff too. In a small way that was also my way of saying, I'm not going to be having anymore babies. Letting go a little bit at a time. That door's not completely closed yet, just ajar.

So Mike totally didn't understand this, but I know all my mommy friends will. Last night he went to the laundry room and there was a bag with a sign that said FREE baby clothes, I told him to take it. It was mostly boy stuff, but I am not opposed to putting my girls in boy stuff. I think I spent the first 3 months of Maggie's life telling people she was actually a girl :) Anyway, I've been feeling this total need to wash, fold and prepare baby clothes and now that I've been able to do it I feel "ready". So yeah we don't have a car seat, crib, bouncy seat and my essential balance ball...we do have tiny baby clothes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment