Friday, February 25, 2011

A princess bed

Ever since I was a little girl I dreamed of having a princess bed. You know the four post bed with drapes around it. I even hung sheets around my bed to attempt the look, but it never worked. Well, all it really took to get my dream was move to a mosquito infested country. YAY!

The mosquitos really aren't so bad, as in biting bad, but they are everywhere and the only person in the house really effected is the baby. They love her, so I dug out my nets and hung them with the help of a Lao maintenance boy.


Finn doesn't want to be a princess, but I told him to choose what he thinks sleeps under nets....he told me just people do.







The nets mananged to stay up 2 days before the kids ripped one down...

2 comments:

  1. I have seen these mosquito nets somewhere on the trip to the southern part of China. It is the most efficient way to keep swarms of mosquitoes away from you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live in Malawi right now and I used to dream of the princess bed look but after getting tangled in the dratted net in the middle of the night trying to get to the bathroom I am SOOOO over it! So far I haven't managed to pull the net down on my husband yet but it is only a matter of time.

    ReplyDelete