Wednesday, July 14, 2010

18-months

So Maggie is really almost 19-months, but she had her 18-month check up yesterday and I find myself amazed with her growth, although according the Pediatricians records her head has shrunk. She has grown 3 inches since we've moved to Falls Church. Her weight has stayed pretty steady at 24 lbs which is good for preggo mama who's stuck having to carry the baboo.

So the typical questions asked at the 18-month is if she can climb stairs, or crawl, everyone who knows Maggie, knows she attacks the stairs, now she jumps down them, even if I try to keep her from doing so. The number 1 question is words, how many words does your child speak. I looked at the doctor with a quizzical look like I don't know. I know some people actually count their children’s words and even write them down in a memory book, most people who know me, know I'd start something like that with good intentions, but fail, so honestly I have no clue. I asked the doctor if OW counted as a word and she said no, even if it's her go to for everything for example STOP and HELP. Nope not a word just a sound. She has however mastered the words NO and MINE. Yippie!

She then asked me if I felt Maggie was developmentally challenged, I had to stifle a laugh. If anything, Maggie is ahead of the curve other than talking.



So this is my proud post on our little daughter who is now not so little.








2 comments:

  1. Ha! Cohen is just getting to the climbing stage. OMG! My nerves aren't used to the walking and falling stage yet! Being the good little Speech Language Pathologist I am I was curious how many words Cohen was using so I started keeping a list. Of course, I never have the list with me when he's naming everything he sees or asking for things. I'm very curious to see how many words he does have, if I can remember to keep up with them. :) Hope you are all doing well!!!
    --Kimberlee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I know the nervous falling stage, I went through that with Finn, but Maggie was so fast to do everything I had to get over it quickly. I had to keep from laughing again when the nurse handed me a playground safety paper. Maggie has been playing on playgrounds by herself since she was 9-months. Things I hovered on Finn about, I don't do with Maggie, she's pretty independent.

    ReplyDelete